MASTER’S IN COUNSELING
This master’s in counseling program is offered online, on-campus, or a combination of both and provides academic training from a Christ-centered perspective for students interested in pursuing a career path of professional counseling. Students can choose a concentration in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling, Clinical Mental Health Counseling or Professional School Counseling.
- Benefit from a program combining the foundational beliefs of Christian faith with the secular perspective necessary for well-rounded professional counseling.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of both the profession and the Christian faith that integrates these perspectives in a professional counseling setting.
- Learn the methods and tenets of developmental theory, career development, assessment, research, ethics, multicultural awareness, counseling theory, and group work as well as training in counseling and helping relationships, all from a Christian perspective.
What Can I Do with a Master’s in Counseling?
As a graduate of our master’s degree in counseling, you could pursue a doctoral degree or find job opportunities in:
- Education institutions (primary, secondary, post-secondary level)
- Community health centers
- Group homes
- Family service agencies
- Adoption agencies
- Residential treatment centers
- Mental health agencies
- Church/worship centers
Get in touch
To learn more about Geneva College and our Master’s in Counseling, fill out the form on this page. One of our representatives will contact you soon to answer any questions you have.