MASTER’S IN HIGHER EDUCATION
If you love working with students, and understand the critical role our educational institutions play in the health and success of our communities and culture, you’ll be a great fit for this program.
This program encourages you to explore the field of higher education from a Christian perspective, including attention to philosophical and conceptual foundations, theoretical and practical understanding, and current trends.
Coursework takes you through the history and philosophy of higher education, helps you gain insight into the different ways people learn, and teaches you to better understand the integration of learning and life.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to articulate the relevance and application of Christianity in higher education, advocate for human development in higher education settings, and be ready for teaching and administrative positions within the industry.
Core course highlights:
- Foundations of Learning and Knowledge
- Foundations of Higher Education
- Foundations of Educational Research
- Leadership and Change
- College Student Success
- College Students in America
- The Higher Education Professional
Choose two elective credits in:
- Sociological Foundations of Higher Education
- Residence Life
- Counseling and Advisement
- Contemporary Trends in Higher Education
- Legal Issues in Higher Education
- Assessment and Retention
- Vocation of Teacher
This program is offered at the following locations:
- Beaver Falls and Online (Hybrid)
Get in touch
To learn more about Geneva College and our Master’s in Higher Education, fill out the form on this page. One of our representatives will contact you soon to answer any questions you have.